OMA Principles of SuccessObesity Medical Association
Arizona Health & Wellness commits to the following principles of success:
- Maintain patient welfare above all.
- Provide adequate and truthful information to the patient and obtain informed consent when suggesting therapeutic interventions.
- Respect patient confidentiality and reveal confidential data only when required by law.
- Cooperate fully with other physicians and provide medical records to aid patient care.
- Improve public awareness and concern for obesity as a disease.
- Stay current as to new medical treatments and information relevant to bariatric medicine.
- Exemplify personally the healthy lifestyle.
- Avoid value judgments concerning patient’s behavior.
- Prescribe anorectic agents only when part of a comprehensive program.
- Refrain from marketing materials that deceive the public and deviate from acceptable medical care.
- Maintain licensure and consider membership in local and state societies.
- Report violations of state or federal law.
- Not engage in inappropriate personal relationships with patients.
- Comply with state and federal laws.
- Comply with the ASBP Bariatric Practice Guidelines.